All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume records the lectures given at a NATO Advanced Study Institute on Methods in Computational Molecular Physics held in Bad Windsheim, Germany, from 22nd July until 2nd. August, 1991. This NATO Advanced Study Institute sought to bridge the quite considerable gap which exist between the presentation of molecular electronic structure theory found in contemporary mographs such as, for example, McWeeny's Methods 0/ Molecular Quantum Mechanics (Academic Press, London, 1989) or Wilson's Electron correlation in moleeules (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1984) and the realization of the sophisticated computational algorithms required for their practical application. It sought to underline the relation between the electronic structure problem and the study of nuc1ear motion. Software for performing molecular electronic structure calculations is w being applied in an increasingly wide range of fields in both the academic and the commercial sectors. Numerous applications are reported in areas as diverse as catalysis and interstellar chernistry, drug design and environmental studies, molecular biology and solid state physics. The range of applications continues to increase as scientists recognize the importance of molecular structure studies to their research activities. Recent years have seen a growing dependence of these applications on program packages, which are often t in the public domain and which may have a somewhat lirnited range of applicability dicta ted by the particular interests and prejudices of the program author.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/04/2013
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number293
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight822 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGeerd H. F. Diercksen,Stephen Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.