All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on course tes from over twenty years of teaching engineering and physical sciences at Michigan Techlogical University, Tomas Co's engineering mathematics textbook is rich with examples, applications and exercises. Professor Co uses analytical approaches to solve smaller problems to provide mathematical insight and understanding, and numerical methods for large and complex problems. The book emphasises applying matrices with strong attention to matrix structure and computational issues such as sparsity and efficiency. Chapters on vector calculus and integral theorems are used to build coordinate-free physical models with special emphasis on orthogonal co-ordinates. Chapters on ODEs and PDEs cover both analytical and numerical approaches. Topics on analytical solutions include similarity transform methods, direct formulas for series solutions, bifurcation analysis, Lagrange-Charpit formulas, shocks/rarefaction and others. Topics on numerical methods include stability analysis, DAEs, high-order finite-difference formulas, Delaunay meshes, and others. MATLAB(R) implementations of the methods and concepts are fully integrated.
- Author BiographyTomas Co is a professor of chemical engineering at Michigan Technological University. After completing his PhD in chemical engineering at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst he was a postdoctoral researcher at Lehigh University, a visiting researcher at Honeywell Corp., and a visiting professor at Korea University. He has been teaching applied mathematics to graduate and advanced undergraduate students at Michigan Tech for more than twenty years. His research areas include advanced process control including plant-wide control, nonlinear control and fuzzy logic. His journal publications span broad areas in such journals as IEEE Transactions in Automatic Control, Automatica, the AIChE Journal, Computers in Chemical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering Progress. He is a regular nominee for the Distinguished Teaching Awards at Michigan Tech and is a member of the Michigan Technological University Academy of Teaching Excellence.
- Author(s)Tomas B. Co
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note176 b/w illus. 52 tables 298 exercises
- Weight1180 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.