Methods of Contemporary Mathematical Statistical Physics by Fabio Martinelli, Marek Biskup, Anton Bovier, Dima Ioffe, Fabio Toninelli, Karel Netocnu, Christina Toninelli, Frank Den Hollander (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $100.37+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lecture Notes collect seven mini-courses presented at the 5th Prague Summer School on Mathematical Statistical Physics that took placeduringtwoweeksofSeptember2006.Aswithprecedingschools,it was aimed at PhD students and young postdocs. The central theme of the volume is what could be called mathematics of phase transitions in diverse contexts. Even though all courses were meant to introduce the reader to recent progress of a particular topic of modern statis- cal physics, attention has been paid to providing a solid grounding by carefully developing various basic tools. One of the techniques that led, more than two decades ago, to a seriesofimportantoutcomesinthetheoryofphasetransitionsoflattice models was re?ection positivity. Recently it resurfaced and was used to obtain interesting new results in various settings. The lectures of Marek Biskup include a thorough introduction to re?ection positivity as well as a review of its recent applications. In addition, it contains a crash course on lattice spin models that is useful as a background for other lectures of the collection. Also the following two contributions concern equilibrium statistical physics.ThelecturesofDmitriIo?earedevotedtoastochasticgeom- ricreformulatiofclassicalaswellasquantumIsingmodels. Auni?ed approachtotheFortuin-Kasteleynandrandomcurrentrepresentations in terms of path integrals is presented. Statistical mechanics of directed polymers interacting with o- dimensionalspatiale?ectsisatopicwithvariousapplicationsinphysics and biophysics. The lectures of Fabio Toninelli are devoted to a th- ough discussion of the localization/delocalization transition in these models.
- Author(s)Anton Bovier,Christina Toninelli,Dima Ioffe,Fabio Martinelli,Fabio Toninelli,Frank Den Hollander,Karel Netocnu,Marek Biskup
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1970
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1130 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRoman Kotecku
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.