All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis open-end treatise on methods concerning pro tein separation had its beginning in an American Chemical Society symposium entitled Con- temporary Protein Separation Methods which was held in Atlantic City, New Jersey in September 1974. The purpose of the symposium-and subse- quently of the present work-was to review the available modern techniques and underlying principles for achieving one of the very important tasks of experimental biology, namely the separation and characterization of proteins present in complex biological mixtures. Physicochemical characterization was covered only as related to the parent method of fractionation and there- fore involved mostly mass transport processes. Additionally, the presentation of methods for gaining insight into complex interacting protein profiles was considered of paramount importance in the interpretation of separation patterns. Finally, specific categories of proteins (e. g. , chemically modified, deriving from a specific tissue, conjugated to different moieties, etc. ) require meticulous trial and selection and/or modification of existing methodology to carry out the desired separation. In such cases, the gained experience provides valuable guidelines for further experimentation. Although powerful techniques exist today for the separation and related physicochemical characterization of pro teins, many biological fractionation problems require further invations. It is hoped that the description in the present treatise of some of the available separation tools and their limitations will provide the necessary integrated background for new developments in this area. Nicholas Catsimpoolas Cambridge, Massachusetts vu CONTENTS Contents of Volume 1 . xvii Chapter 1 Scanning Gel Cbromatography Gary K. Ackers I.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNicholas Catsimpoolas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.