All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn America, t believing in God is anti-American, isn t it?
At fifty years of age, Roman Carr, whose real name is Romain Carrier, has made it. His television series In Gad We Trust, a scathing satire of the United States and its relationship with God, is a huge hit. He is carving out an enviable place for himself in Hollywood, the end of a long, tortuous journey for the man who fled his Gaspe Peninsula village in murky circumstances back in 1962.
Both a coming-of-age story and a historical epic, Metis Beach is a chronicle of the great American Sixties. It recaptures the extraordinary liberation movements and social unrest that marked that era, and vividly conveys the irrepressible idealism that carried along a whole generation. It is a celebration of the supreme good that the United States hoped to achieve: the coming of everyone s right to be free.
- Author BiographyClaudine Bourbonnais has been a journalist in Montreal at Radio-Canada/CBC for over twenty years. Metis Beach is her first novel.
- Author(s)Claudine Bourbonnais
- PublisherDundurn Group
- Date of Publication22/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group
- Weight1 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byJacob Homel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.