All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Sked provides the first serious appraisal of Metternich's role in the Austrian Empire and Europe for half a century. Covering both domestic and international affairs, Sked presents a fresh and convincing description of Metternich's era. He argues that despite his battered historical reputation, that Metternich was the leading diplomat in Europe over four decades. This book should be standard reading for anyone interested in Habsburg or European history in the first half of the Nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyALAN SKED is Senior Lecturer in International History at London School of Economics and Political Science, UK. He is a leading scholar on Nineteenth century Habsburg and diplomatic history. He has edited Europe's Balance of Power, 1815-1848 and is the author of The Decline and Fall of the Habsburg Empire 1815-1918 (2nd edition).
- Author(s)Alan Sked
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication19/11/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.