All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this concise thousand-year history, one of the world's foremost scholars on Latin America explains how Mexico's present and future flow directly from its past. Going well beyond a comprehensive description of recent crises, Mexico provides an introduction to the early Indian civilizations, the harsh rule of the Spaniards, historic violence and revolution, and a tumultuous relationship with the United States. Professor Suchlicki suggests seven major recurring patterns in Mexican history and convincingly describes their contribution to Mexico's current and future difficulties. This new edition also covers the electoral defeat of the PRI, the longest-ruling party in the world, and the prospects for democracy in Mexico and for U.S.-Mexican relations. Mexico is essential reading for anyone seeking an up-to-date perspective on America's neighbor and trading partner.
- Author BiographyJAIME SUCHLICKI is director of the University of Miami's Institute of Inter-American Studies. He is also editor of the Journal of Inter-American and World Affairs, a consultant to Mexican and U.S. officials, and author of Cuba: From Columbus to Castro and Beyond,4th Edition. Professor Suchlicki lives near Miami, Florida.
- Author(s)Jaime Suchlicki
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrassey's US
- Out-of-print date14/11/2014
- Content Note40 b&w photos
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.