All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMexico city is one of the most glamorous but also one of the most dramatic cities in the world. The many challenges and opportunities the city faces (migration, segregation, urbanisation but also resilience, pride, political consciousness) are an omen for the future of other world cities. This book presents the best Mexico has to offer when it comes to contemporary photography, with a focus on the capital Mexico City. Breathtaking paramic landscapes from Pablo Lopez Luz, humorous images from Alejandro Cartagena, street photography by Mark Alor Powel, portraits of rich people by Yvonne Venegas,...The most important artist in the book is Graciele Iturbide, one of the most influential Latin American photographers of the past four decades. Her powerful black and white images have received many awards, such as the W Eugene Smith Memorial Foundation Award and the Cornell Capa Lifetime Achievement Infinity Award 2015. This book is a unique document of a unique country and its capital and will also be the catalogue for the exhibition of the International Fotofestival in Kkke, Belgium.
- Author BiographyChristophe De Jaeger is currently studying for a doctorate in Media Art of the 1960s and 1970s at King's College, London. Curator for the Fine Arts Palace, he organises projects on photography and media. Ramona Van Gansbeke is artistic coordinator of Sito, a creative studio that works on a range of projects combining art, social and exact sciences. She curated the Summer of Photography (2012) and Sense of Place: European Landscape Photography (BOZAR 2012). They are co-authors of Haute Africa ISBN 9789401414586.
- Author(s)Christophe de Jaeger,Felipe Correa,Ivan Ruiz,Ramona van Gansbeke
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- Languageeng, spa
- Place of PublicationTielt
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- Content Note120 colour, 65 b&w
- Weight1225 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.