All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe thirteen original essays in this collection explore the Mexican point of view from the 1920s to the present in order to register often unheard voices in the complex cross-border, cross-cultural reality shared by the two nations. The contributors, all of whom have personal experience with the challenges of bi-cultural and bi-national living, discuss travel writing, vels, film, essays, political cartoons, and Mexican sociocultural movements. In a time of ever-increasing migration of capital and human beings, this book turns on its head the usual perspective of U.S. ecomic and cultural dominance in order to deepen understanding of the bi-national relationship.
- Author BiographyLinda Egan, Associate Professor of Spanish, University of California - Davis, is the author of Carlos Monsivais: Culture and Chronicle in Contemporary Mexico and a book on Sor Juana. Mary K. Long, Director of International Spanish for the Professions, University of Colorado - Boulder, has written on the work of Salvador Novo and on cross-cultural exchange between Latin America and the United States in the business and nonprofit sectors.
- PublisherVanderbilt University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationTennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVanderbilt University Press
- Content Note16 b&w cartoons, references, index
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLinda Egan,Mary K. Long
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.