All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe debut book from Mexico's best chef, Enrique Olvera of Pujol, pioneer of contemporary, authentic Mexican food and global gourmet influencer. As featured on Good Morning America. Enrique Olvera is the most famous and celebrated Mexican chef working today. Olvera's restaurant Pujol was ranked #1 in Mexico and #20 in the world at the World's 50 Best Restaurant Awards. This is his first book and the first ever high-end chef cookbook in English on Mexican cuisine. It captures and presents a new contemporary Mexican style of food, rooted in tradition but forward thinking in its modern approach. Olvera has pioneered and defined this new way of cooking and belongs to a global group of gourmet influencers that includes Noma's Rene Redzepi, Dom's Alex Attala, Osteria Francescana's Massimo Bottura and elBulli's legendary Ferran Adria. Olvera rethinks how to use traditional, authentic local ingredients using unusual flavor combinations to create a reinvented way of cooking and eating. Mexico from the Inside Out includes both sophisticated and more accessible recipes to explain Enrique's philosophy, vision, and process. He is fueled by a constant exploration of Mexico's ingredients and culinary history, and inspired by his early family memories about food. This book goes beyond stereotypes to reveal new possibilities of Mexican cuisine, which is w an essential part of the international conversation about gastromy. Features: -Over 65 recipes, each with an elegant photograph, from the sophisticated dishes served at Pujol to more accessible casual dishes that he enjoys with his family at home. -More than 100 atmospheric photographs capture the vivid mosaic of the Mexican landscape while tip-in pages bring the reader up close to Enrique's vision and philosophy about food. Mexico from the Inside Out is the latest addition to Phaidon's bestselling and influential collection of cookbooks by the world's most exciting chefs.
- Author BiographyEnrique Olvera graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1999. In 2000, at the age of 24, he opened Pujol in Mexico City. Enrique is constantly exploring Mexico's ingredients and culinary history, and is inspired by his early memories of food. Food & Wine named him one of the 10 Next Chef Superstars and Star Chefs' International Congress named him in the Top 10 International Figures in World Gastronomy. Enrique also owns three outposts of Eno, a casual eatery in Mexico City; Manta, in Los Cabos; and Cosme in New York. He is the founder and force behind Mesamerica, the annual international food symposium. He also publishes Boomerang, a Spanish-language culinary magazine. Enrique lives in Mexico City and New York.
- Author(s)Enrique Olvera
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width214 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographer(s)Araceli Paz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.