All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMich Turner, owner of the Little Venice Cake Company and award-winning cake designer presents her ultimate masterclass in cake baking and decorating. Covering every aspect of baking and decorating with easy-to-follow instructions, this book is ideal for both the beginner baker and the seasoned cake decorating veteran. Baking basics are introduced in the Cake Recipes chapter, with sweet treats to suit every occasion; from classic sponge, to decadent chocolate, and traditional fruit and ginger cakes. These recipes form the blank canvas on which Mich Turner works her magic, as she explains step by step how to make delicious frostings and fillings, as well as how to cover and stack your cakes in preparation for decorating. In the Masterclass chapter, Mich shares her decorating secrets with succinct tutorials to teach advanced decorating techniques, from moulding realistic sugar paste roses to hand-painted designs and delicate ribbon loops. The stunning Cake Gallery section showcases the techniques developed in the Masterclass, with a delectable range of desserts for every occasion: from tiered creations with piped lace to chocolate glitter roses, from hand-painted flowers to moulded Christmas candy canes. This book demystifies cake decorating, making it accessible and fun. If you have never dared to bake and decorate a cake or if you are simply looking for inspiration, Mich Turner has created the perfect book for you.
- Author BiographyMich Turner trained as a food scientist and after enrolling on a cake design course, found she had a flair for decorating cakes in her own unique style. Mich worked as a buyer at Harvey Nichols prior to founding Little Venice Cake Company in 1999, and together with her team has designed and produced numerous special cakes for private and corporate occasions, including BAFTA and Madam Tussauds, and her designs have been in great demand with celebrities such as Madonna, Pierce Brosnan, Sir Paul McCartney, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Emma Thompson, Elvis Costello and international royalty. LVCC acts as a consultant to M&S and supply some of the UK's most prestigious hotels with special occasion cakes, including The Ritz, The Dorchester and Claridges, and she designs an annual collection of wedding cakes exclusively for Harrods. Mich's cake designs are regularly featured on TV and in Vogue, Harpers and Queens, You and Your Wedding, Brides, the Sunday Times and BBC Good Food magazine.
- Author(s)Mich Turner
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.