Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil w, Michael Crichton's many readers have had where to turn for more information on one of America's most popular velists. This companion features clear analyses of Crichton's life and literary influences, as well as chapters on each of his 13 vels to date. It will help Crichton's readers to learn more about how significant events in his life affected the development of his fiction and literary style and how the heritage of popular fiction, including mystery, gothic, adventure, and science fiction, influenced his writing. This study provides close textual analysis of each of his vels in turn, focusing on plot, character development, theme, and critical interpretation. This study analyzes Crichton's vels from ^IThe Andromeda Strain^R (1969) to ^IDisclosure^R (1994). It features a clear, user-friendly organization, with two general chapters on Crichton's life and literary heritage, and one chapter on each of his vels. For ease of use by the reader, each chapter is subdivided into sections on general critical analysis, plot, theme, character development, and alternative perspectives on the vel that offer additional insight. The author shows how each of Crichton's vels incorporates a theme or debate from current culture and how his visions of genetically engineered disaurs, killer viruses from outer space, and deadly relations in international business have become part of American culture. This study will help the reader to understand the important issues raised by Crichton's fiction and to apply critical insight to an examination of those issues. No secondary school, public library, or college library should be without this first serious examination of the works of Michael Crichton.
- Author BiographyELIZABETH A. TREMBLEY is Head of General Education at Davenport College in Holland, Michigan. She has published extensively on modern popular and detective fiction. She is coeditor of It's A Print!: Detective Fiction from Page to Screen (1994) and of the mystery and detective fiction section of the forthcoming Encyclopedia of United States Popular Culture.
- Author(s)Elizabeth A. Trembley
- Date of Publication19/01/1996
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleCritical Companions to Popular Contemporary Writers
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight447 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.