All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic genre that has been a fundamental part of photography since the beginning, landscape has perennial appeal to all photographers. Michael Freeman shares his wealth of experience in this comprehensive guide to art of capturing beautiful landscapes. Start your exploration of this vast subject by deconstructing and studying its elements from the most reliable locations to the classic compositions. Next, learn how to find and position yourself in the optimal viewpoints for original and creative interpretations of these massive subjects. Using the right gear and techniques for each frame, you will be able to capture depth and dimensionality that speak to the grandeur of these exotic locations. With the sky as your studio, you can make the weather work for you to provide a stunning variety of spectacular light. Going beyond the purely technical side, Freeman also dives into the mind of the landscape photographer, addressing the environment, studying how distinct colour palettes can evoke moods, and following in the illustrious tradition of B&W landscapes. The studio will start to feel very small indeed once you start exploring the great outdoors!
- Author BiographyMichael Freeman, professional photographer and best-selling author, was born in England in 1945, took a Masters in Geography at Brasenose College, Oxford University, and then worked in advertising in London for six years. In 1971 he made the life-changing decision to travel up the Amazon with two secondhand cameras, and when Time-Life used many of the pictures he came back with, he embarked on a full-time photographic career. Since then, working for clients that include all the world's major magazines, most notably the Smithsonian Magazine (for which he has shot more than 40 stories over 30 years), Freeman's reputation as one of the world's leading reportage photographers has been consolidated. Of his many books, which have sold over 4 million copies worldwide, more than 60 titles are on the practice of photography. For this photographic educational work he was awarded the Prix Louis Philippe Clerc by the French Ministry of Culture. Freeman's books on photography have been translated into 27 languages.
- Author(s)Gary Eastwood,Michael Freeman
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width211 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.