All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in a small town in Lower Austria, Michael Pilz has realized over 100 films since the 1960s. His breakthrough came with a veritable massif central of European documentary cinema: Heaven and Earth (1979-82), an epic work about the Styrian mountain village of St. Anna. Since then, he has been a solitary man, crossing the borders between film forms just as easily as those between art, cinema, life. This richly illustrated book is the first mograph about Michael Pilz. It includes several essays dealing with his work, an extensive conversation, selected texts and film treatments written by him, and a complete antated filmography.
- Author BiographyOlaf M?ller (* 1971), based in Cologne/Germany, is an independent film expert, author, curator and European editor of Film Comment. His books include other works in this series, on John Cook, Romuald Karmakar, and Dominik Graf. Michael Omasta (* 1964) is a film historian and the film editor for the Austrian weekly Falter. He has (co-)edited several books, on Peter Lorre, Carl Mayer, Claire Denis, Film Noir, and Alexander Hammid, among others.
- Author(s)Michael Omasta,Olaf Moller
- PublisherSynema Gesellschaft Fur Film u. Medien
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintSynema Gesellschaft Fur Film u. Medien
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width171 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.