All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian artist Michael Sw (born 1929) has been a central figure in North American postwar art; his influential films, such as Wavelength, rank alongside those of avant-garde auteurs such as Stan Brakhage and Gregory Markopoulos. Sequences is a complete mograph of this contemporary Renaissance man, who characterizes his oeuvre thus: my paintings are done by a filmmaker, sculpture by a musician, films by a painter, music by a filmmaker, paintings by a sculptor, sculpture by a filmmaker, films by a musician, music by a sculptor. Accordingly, Sw's texts ackwledge the difficulties an artist faces in approaching multiple disciplines. Across 17 chapters, the artist offers a complete overview of his own work--an editorial task with which he is intimately familiar after having produced several remarkable artists' books. At almost 400 pages, this hardcover is a tour- de-force on and by one of the most outstanding artists of our time.
- PublisherEdiciones Poligrafa S.A.
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEdiciones Poligrafa S.A.
- Edited byGloria Moure
- Illustrator(s)Consultant in Infectious Diseases Michael Snow
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.