All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian artist Michael Sw (born 1929) has been a central figure in North American postwar art; his influential films, such as <i>Wavelength</i>, rank alongside those of avant-garde auteurs such as Stan Brakhage and Gregory Markopoulos. <i>Sequences</i> is a complete mograph of this contemporary Renaissance man, who characterizes his oeuvre thus: my paintings are done by a filmmaker, sculpture by a musician, films by a painter, music by a filmmaker, paintings by a sculptor, sculpture by a filmmaker, films by a musician, music by a sculptor. Accordingly, Sw's texts ackwledge the difficulties an artist faces in approaching multiple disciplines. Across 17 chapters, the artist offers a complete overview of his own work--an editorial task with which he is intimately familiar after having produced several remarkable artists' books. At almost 400 pages, this hardcover is a tour- de-force on and by one of the most outstanding artists of our time.
- PublisherEdiciones Poligrafa S.A.
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEdiciones Poligrafa S.A.
- Weight1610 g
- Width218 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byGloria Moure
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.