All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionAn important new reference source for students of western musical culture, this volume directs the user to all pertinent, substantive, and accessible information concerning the life and works of Sir Michael Tippett, widely recognized as one of this century's most significant composers. The book is divided into four main sections: a biography, an antated list of works and performances, a discography, and an extensive bibliography. Five appendices provide additional information for the researcher including a chrological list of compositions, a classified list of published compositions, hors and awards won by the composer, ballet and television productions, and resources available. The brief biography which begins the volume provides a convenient source for basic factual information about Tippett's life. The works and performances section presents in one alphabetical sequence all kwn musical works by Tippett, including early unpublished compositions. Each citation includes information about year of composition, duration, genre, instrumentation, additional statements of responsibility, commissions and dedications, location of existing manuscripts, published editions, and a selected list of performances. The discography contains all kwn commercial recordings of Tippett's music along with information about performers, date and place of recording, and a chrological listing of all issues of the performance. Divided into three sections, the bibliography covers writings by Tippett, books and articles about Tippett, and reviews of his works culled from the Times (London), the New York Times, and a variety of major and local newspapers around the world. Taken as a whole, this is a masterful contribution to the reference works available on the great composers of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyGORDON THEIL is Music Librarian for technical services at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Gordon Theil
- Date of Publication25/10/1989
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleMusic Reference Collection
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 21
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight683 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.