Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
About this product
- DescriptionI want you to kw that we have very much in common. For thing in my life would have predicted that I would be standing here as First Lady of the United States of America... When Michelle Obama spoke these words in a London school, the effect on the students was overwhelming. Her inspiring words, approachable nature and regal style make Michelle a much-loved public figure and a role model in her own right. A child of working class parents in Chicago, Michelle went on to become an Ivy League graduate, a lawyer, and an international icon as wife to President Barack Obama. Her life is a tale of extraordinary achievement in a changing society.
- Author BiographyAuthor Dawne Allette, a native of Grenada, West Indies, has written a number of children's picture books that are noted for their inspiration, lyricism and humour. She is also the author of Barack Obama: The Making of a President. Dawne has lived in Britain and Iran and now resides in Baltimore, USA. She teaches creative writing and is a literacy programme facilitator for Baltimore Public Schools. She is also a journalist for the Baltimore Times newspaper.
- Author(s)Dawne Allette
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTamarind Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight117 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.