All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWinnerbook Fotobookfestival Kassel 2012. Michelle und Carmen Catuti got to kw each other in Dortmund, where Michelle is kwn all over the city for his eccentric appearance. As such, he also stirred the interest of a young photographer, who had been studying in Dortmund for some time. Per her request, he allowed her to portray him over the course of several months. Her initial attempts to peek behind his staged veneer were met by Michelle with unbelievable stories about his life and extravagant poses in front of the camera. From meeting to meeting, Carmen Catuti s usual technique began to falter more and more, and the portraits turned into power struggles. Her subtle backgrounds and calm aesthetic were opposed by Michelle s efforts to present himself in his own way. By and by she decided to play along and submit to his ideas. In so doing, pictures emerge that show Michelle in the way he wants to be viewed. This kind of self-empowerment is what defines Michelle as a modern person. As such, he is w visible as an image.
- PublisherSeltmann, Arno, Frank Seltmann u. Oliver Seltmann
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- Place of PublicationLudenscheid
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSeltmann, Arno, Frank Seltmann u. Oliver Seltmann
- Width300 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Carmen Catuti
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.