All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full-length account of the history and working practices of Amsterdam's Mickery Theater. Between 1965 and 1991 under its ted director Ritsaert ten Cate, Mickery became rewned worldwide for promoting and presenting significant international alternative theatre companies including La Mama, Tenjo Sajiki and the Wooster Group, and for staging its own invative productions. Combining archival research, oral history, field observation, and drawing on personal accounts of key participants, the book illuminates the singular importance of Mickery, while evoking the unique atmosphere of both the building and the art that it nurtured.
- Author BiographyMike Pearson is professor of performance[-]studies in the Department of Theatre, Film[-]and Television Studies at Aberystwyth[-]University.
- Author(s)Mike Pearson
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAmsterdam University Press
- Content Note50 black and white illustrations
- Weight923 g
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.