Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionMost people living in rural areas of India draw their livelihood from agriculture and allied sectors. However, the growth and balanced development of other sectors such as industry and services is also necessary to sustain the growth of Indian ecomy in an inclusive manner. Micro credit has emerged as a visible credit channel to the poor as their access to conventional credit channels is constrained by the requirement of collateral and high transaction cost. The target groups, therefore, broadly comprise small and marginal farmers, agricultural and n-agricultural labourers, artisans and craftsmen and other poor engaged in small businesses. Micro enterprises in India provide livelihood, check rural-urban migration, generate export earnings and touch upon the lives of the remotest and most marginalised people. The needs, problems and potential of these enterprises differ t just with the nature of activity (weaving, knitting, wood-carving etc.), but also with the size, geographical location and organisational structure. Not only do micro enterprises generate the highest employment per capita investment, they also go a long way in checking rural urban migration by providing villagers and people living in isolated areas with a sustainable source of employment.
- Author(s)Sanjeeb K. Jena
- PublisherNew Century Publications
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNew Century Publications
- Weight564 g
- Width145 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.