All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionmiRNAs are a class of endogeus, small n-protein coding RNA molecules (~ 22 nucleotides) which are vel post-transcriptional regulators of gene expression. Since we have hundreds of miRNAs, the major challenge is w to understand their specific biological function. In fact the experimental evidence suggests that signaling pathways could be ideal candidates for miRNA-mediated regulation. Several studies suggest that miRNAs affect the responsiveness of cells to signaling molecules such as WNT, Notch, TGF-beta and EGFR. Altered expression of particular miRNAs has been implicated in the onset and development of cancer and could be used as potential biomarkers for the disease. Recently, many studies have found miRNAs have crucial regulatory roles in Cancer stem cells (CSCs) a kind of tumor initiating cells (TICs) and dormancy. Findings also suggest that DNA methylation may be important in regulating the expression of many miRNAs in several cancer initiating cells. Several miRNAs are kwn to either upregulated or downregulated in CSCs when compared to n-cancerous cells from the same tissues. CSCs are a small subpopulation of cells identified in a variety of tumors and involve in self-renewal, differentiation, chemoresistance and tumorigenesis. The volume will give a comprehensive account of important advancements in the area of miRNAs and cancer.
- Author BiographyDr. Shree Ram Singh is a Staff Scientist for the Mouse Cancer Genetics Program at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Pranela Rameshwar is a Professor of the Department of Medicine at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. See attached CV for additional details.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight795 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byPranela Rameshwar,Shree Ram Singh
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.