All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeveral billion people are at daily risk of life threatening vector-borne diseases such as malaria, trypasomiasis and dengue. This volume describes the way in which the causal pathogens of such diseases interact with the vectors that transmit them. It details the elegant biological adaptations that have enabled pathogens to live with their vectors and, in some circumstances, to control them. This kwledge has led to vel preventative strategies in the form of antibiotics and new vaccines which are targeted t at the pathogen itself but at its specific vector.
- Author BiographyStephen H. Gillespie is Professor of Medical Microbiology in the Department of Infectious Diseases at University College London, UK. Geoffrey L. Smith is a Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow and Head of Department of Virology at Imperial College London, UK. Anne Osbourn is a Group leader in the Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Norwich,UK.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSociety for General Microbiology Symposia
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 63
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 b/w illus. 10 colour illus. 14 tables
- Weight762 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAnne Osbourn,G. L. Smith,S. H. Gillespie
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.