Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionKwledge in microbiology is growing exponentially through the determination of gemic sequences of hundreds of microorganisms and the invention of new techlogies such as gemics, transcriptomics, and proteomics, to deal with this avalanche of information. These gemic data are w exploited in thousands of applications, ranging from those in medicine, agriculture, organic chemistry, public health, biomass conversion, to biomining. Microbial Biotechlogy. Fundamentals of Applied Microbiology focuses on uses of major societal importance, enabling an in-depth analysis of these critically important applications. Some, such as wastewater treatment, have changed only modestly over time, others, such as directed molecular evolution, or 'green' chemistry, are as current as today's headlines. This fully revised second edition provides an exciting interdisciplinary journey through the rapidly changing landscape of discovery in microbial biotechlogy. An ideal text for courses in applied microbiology and biotechlogy courses, this book will also serve as an invaluable overview of recent advances in this field for professional life scientists and for the diverse community of other professionals with interests in biotechlogy.
- Author BiographyAlexander N. Glazer is professor of the graduate school in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of California, Berkeley. Hiroshi Nikaido is professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Alexander N. Glazer,Hiroshi Nikaido
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note74 tables
- Weight1508 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.