All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIncorporates the Experiences of World-Class Researchers Microbial Biotechlogy: Progress and Trends offers a theoretical take on topics that relate to microbial biotechlogy. The text uses the vel experimental experiences of various contributors from around the world-designed as case studies-to highlight relevant topics, issues, and recent developments surrounding this highly interdisciplinary field. It factors in metagemics and microbial biofuels production, and incorporates major contributions from a wide range of disciplines that include microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemical engineering, and bioprocess engineering. In addition, it also provides a variety of photos, diagrams, and tables to help illustrate the material. The book consists of 15 chapters and contains subject matter that addresses: * Microbial biotechlogy from its historical roots to its different processes * Some of the new developments in upstream processes * Solid-state fermentation as an interesting field in modern fermentation processes * Recent developments in the production of valuable microbial products such as biofuels, organic acids, ami acids, probiotics, healthcare products, and edible biomass * Important microbial activities such as biofertilizer, biocontrol, biodegradation, and bioremediation Students, scientists, and researchers can benefit from Microbial Biotechlogy: Progress and Trends, a resource that addresses biotechlogy, applied microbiology, bioprocess/fermentation techlogy, healthcare/pharmaceutical products, food invations/food processing, plant agriculture/crop improvement, energy and environment management, and all disciplines related to microbial biotechlogy.
- Author BiographyDr. Farshad Darvishi Harzevili was born in Harzevil town, Gilan Province, Iran. He is a graduate of BSc biology at the University of Guilan. He earned his MSc and PhD in industrial microbiology and microbial biotechnology from the University of Isfahan. He is now a faculty member and head of the microbial biotechnology and bioprocess engineering (MBBE) group at the University of Maragheh. His main interest is in the biotechnological and environmental applications of yeasts to the production of biotechnologically valuable products. He is also interested in the expression of heterologous proteins, metabolic engineering, and the synthetic biology of yeasts. Dr. Hongzhang Chen is a graduate of Naning Forest University. He received his master's degree in microbiology from Shandong University in 1991, and then obtained his PhD in biochemical engineering from the Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1998. He is now a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and is vice director of the State Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering. His research is focused on ecological biochemical engineering and biomass refining engineering. Currently, his research explores new types of solid-state fermentation techniques, devices and processes, and clean fractionation using steam explosion techniques for efficient pretreatment in cellulose conversion to useful biorenewable materials.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note95 black & white illustrations, 22 colour illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFarshad Darvishi Harzevili,Hongzhang Chen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.