All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionLake Plusssee is a small eutrophic kettle lake in rthern Germany. Because it is sheltered and has inflow from rivers, the Plusssee exhibits stable stratification and is especially suitable for limlogical studies. This book presents the results of extensive research conducted on the ecophysiology of microorganisms - principally bacteria - at the Plusssee over the past several decades. It begins with three chapters on the general limlogical state of the lake: physical factors, irganic nutrients, plankton composition and succession, fish fauna, etc. These chapters are followed by discussions of dissolved organic matter and photosynthetic production of organic matter by phytoplankton. The remainder of the book addresses the dynamics of structure, function and metabolism of the microorganisms in the Plusssee.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEcological Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number105
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight627 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJurgen Overbeck,Ryszard J. Chrost
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.