Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionResearch and development on microorganisms in food has evolved from a luxury to a necessity for companies competing in the global marketplace. Whether research is conducted internally or externally through contract laboratories and universities, microbial research in foods is crucial to the safety and integrity of our food supply. Microbiological Research and Development for the Food Industry covers the technical and practical insights needed for developing and utilizing various capabilities to advance food microbiology research. Providing examples of how research data can be applied to consumer and brand protection efforts, this book: * Describes the purposes and processes for conducting microbiological research and development for companies and organizations involved in food, beverage, and ingredient production and distribution * Covers a broad range of topics of importance to food microbiologists in allied food industries and organizations, government, and academia * Includes examples of successful research methods for food microbiology laboratories Written to walk the reader through the process of investigating microorganisms in food systems for consumer and brand protection, Microbiological Research and Development for the Food Industry provides practical understanding of the necessary mechanisms and research approaches used in the field. It fuses the business and scientific aspects of microbiological research to underscore the return on investment for beverage and food ingredient producers. This text goes beyond routine presence/absence testing of pathogens and spoilage microorganisms in foods. It describes ways data can be collected to answer more complex questions and provides examples of how such data can be applied to consumer and brand protection efforts.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter J. Taormina is Principal Microbiologist at John Morrell Food Group, Corporate Food safety, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPeter J. Taormina
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.