All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis #1 selling n-majors microbiology textbook is praised for its straightforward presentation of complex topics, careful balance of concepts and applications, and proven art that teaches. In its Eleventh Edition, Tortora, Funke, and Case's Microbiology: An Introduction helps you make the connection between microbiology and human health. This edition continues to incorporate the latest in microbiology research and includes more features designed to engage you and promote critical thinking. With the complex and extensive information presented in introductory microbiology courses, demonstrating the connections between processes you can't see with your naked eye and diseases you will encounter in future careers can be challenging. Microbiology: An Introduction guides you through the process of disease diagsis, aided by the practical application of the new Clinical Cases that are integrated through every textbook chapter. The text, complemented by MasteringMicrobiology(R), provides new MicroLab Tutors that help you prepare, practice, and maximize your lab time. To take learning beyond the classroom, new assignable Mastering content appeals to students, helping them understand how microbiology works and why it's important--reinforcing textbook lessons with interactive coaching activities and tutorials of the foundation figures, case studies and additional features.
- Author BiographyGerard J. Tortora is a professor of biology and teaches microbiology, human anatomy, and physiology at Bergen Community College in Paramus, New Jersey. He received his M.A. in Biology from Montclair State College in 1965. He belongs to numerous biology/microbiology organizations, such as the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), National Education Association (NEA), New Jersey Educational Association (NJEA), and the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB). Jerry is the author of a number of biological science textbooks. In 1995, he was selected as one of the finest faculty scholars at Bergen Community College and was named Distinguished Faculty Scholar. In 1996, Jerry received a National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) excellence award from the University of Texas and was selected to represent Bergen Community College in a campaign to increase awareness of the contributions of community colleges to higher education. Berdell R. Funke received his Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. in microbiology from Kansas State University. He has spent his professional years as a professor of microbiology at North Dakota State University. He taught introductory microbiology, including laboratory sections, general microbiology, food microbiology, soil microbiology, clinical parasitology, and pathogenic microbiology. As a research scientist in the Experiment Station at North Dakota State, he has published numerous papers on soil microbiology and food microbiology. Christine L. Case is a registered microbiologist and a professor of microbiology at Skyline College in San Bruno, California, where she has taught for the past 38 years. She received her EdD. in curriculum and instruction from Nova Southeastern University and her M.A. in microbiology from San Francisco State University. She was Director for the Society for Industrial Microbiology (SIM). She received the ASM and California Hayward outstanding educator awards. In addition to teaching, Chris contributes regularly to professional literature, develops innovative educational methodologies, and maintains a personal and professional commitment to conservation and the importance of science in society. Chris is also an avid photographer, and many of her photographs appear in this book.
- Author(s)Berdell R. Funke,Christine L. Case,Gerard J. Tortora
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Out-of-print date13/03/2012
- Weight2436 g
- Width251 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.