All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionPreventing and controlling infection has long been an on going challenge for all healthcare workers at every level. High profile examples like the Ebola outbreak in West Africa or the prevalence of 'super bugs' like MRSA demonstrate that this challenge is t going to go away. As a nurse you have a responsibility to protect your patients from harm and preventing and controlling infection is a crucial component of this. By introducing the unpinning microbiology to explain how infection occurs and spreads and the practical steps and precautions that you need to follow, this book will equip you with the kwledge and information necessary to play your part in preventing and controlling infection. Key features: * Written specifically for pre-registration nursing students providing the core, evidence-based kwledge that you need to kw * Breaks the science down using easy-to-follow language, practical examples and case studies * Applies microbiology to practice introducing practical steps, precautions and strategies that will benefit you as soon as you get onto your placements * Includes multiple-choice questions to test your understanding and activities to help you engage with wider issues around infection prevention and control. About the author Deborah Ward is a lecturer at the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, Manchester University.
- Author BiographyDeborah Ward is now retired and was formerly a lecturer on three programmes (the BNurs, BMidwifery and CPD programmes) within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, Manchester University.
- Author(s)Deborah Ward
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.