All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMicrobiology for Veterinary Technicians introduces veterinary technician and techlogist students to the complex and exciting world of microorganisms. Divided into four main parts, the book provides pertinent, up-to-date information regarding many different aspects of veterinary microbiology. Part I - Foundations of basic microbiological structure and function, the role of the immune system in microbial diseases, and common therapeutics in use today Parts II - Common bacteria encountered in veterinary medicine Part III - Common fungi encountered in veterinary medicine Part IV - Diagstics available to the veterinary technician Special features of the book include: - Full color images and graphics - Callout boxes that emphasize important concepts, such as client education, zooses, and biosecurity - In-text bolding of important key words and concepts as well as a Glossary - End-of-chapter Further Readings section for those who want to pursue topics beyond the classroom Each chapter is filled with information most useful to the veterinary technician in their day-to-day lives. Special attention is paid to facets of the veterinary technician's role as an integral member of the veterinary team including: history-taking, choice and interpretation of diagstics, and client education.
- Author BiographyTracy H Vemulapalli is a veterinarian on faculty at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue University where she is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Laboratory Animal Medicine. She has a Master's Degree in Molecular Bacteriology and has been a diplomate of the American College of Laboratory Medicine since 2009. She has experience in small animal private practice, food safety, and infectious disease research, including Biosafety Level 3 (BSL3) work. G Kenitra Hammac is a veterinarian on faculty at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue University where she is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Microbiology. She heads the Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory's Microbiology Section. A diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Microbiology since 2014, she has extensive experience in diagnostic microbiology as well as several years of experience in small animal private practice.
- Author(s)G Kenitra Hammac,Tracy H Vemulapalli
- PublisherAnimalibris Publishing
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnimalibris Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.