All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that youselect the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).Explore the invisible Robert Bauman s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, Fourth Edition retains the hallmark art program and clear writing style that have made his books so successful. The Fourth Edition encourages you to visualize the invisible with new QR codes linking to 18 Video Tutors and 6 Disease in Depth features that motivate you to interact with microbiology content and explore microbiology further. The continued focus on real-world clinical situations prepares you for future opportunities in applied practice and healthcare careers. A more robust MasteringMicrobiology(r) program works with the text to provide an interactive learning and personalized experience that ensures you learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom. Microbiology with Diseases by Body System Plus MasteringMicrobiology provides an enhanced learning experience. This program provides the ability to:
- Personalize learning with MasteringMicrobiology: MasteringMicrobiology coaches you through the toughest microbiology topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content.
- Think outside the classroom: QR codes in the textbook enable you to use your smartphone or tablet to instantly interact with Dr. Bauman in step-by-step tutorials and explore important developments in microbiology news and research.
- Focus on critical thinking: Case studies and engaging activities improve your ability to solve problems by keeping you interested.
- Teach tough topics with superior art: Outstanding art integration through video tutorials, illustrations, and micrographs enables you to absorb and retain difficult microbiology concepts.
- Author BiographyRobert W. Bauman holds a Ph.D. in Biology from Stanford University, an M.A. in Botany from the University of Texas at Austin, and a B.A. in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a full professor of biology in the Department of Biological Sciences at Amarillo College in Amarillo, Texas, where he previously served as department chair. He has been teaching microbiology and human anatomy and physiology since 1988, and was a recipient of the John. F. Mead Faculty Excellence Award, nominated by the students of Amarillo College. Dr. Bauman is an active member of the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), Texas Community College Teacher s Association (TCCTA), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS).
- Author(s)Robert W Bauman
- PublisherBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2449 g
- Width251 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.