All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionSince its first application, microdialysis has become incredibly popular to study brain function and has been applied with success in different fields from psychopharmacology, neurobiology, and physiology in animals and also humans. Microdialysis Techniques in Neuroscience focuses on the practical aspects of microdialysis in animal and human, highlighting current technical limitations and providing a vision of what is yet to come for the determination of the most disparate compounds in the brain. The book's contents range from new techniques for detection and quantifying the release of several different neurotransmitters in vitro and in vivo, even in freely moving animals, to sophisticated use of reverse dialysis and the application of microdialysis in pharmacokinetic studies. Each of the sixteen chapters, in fitting with the spirit of the Neuromethods series, contain an introduction that gives a broad overview of a focused topic, followed by an extensive protocol on how the experiments are performed along with invaluable practical advice. Detailed and authoritative, Microdialysis Techniques in Neuroscience will be a valuable reference for students, neuroscientists, and physicians for the use of microdialysis in the study of brain functions and its clinical applications.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleNeuromethods
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight870 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGiuseppe Di Giovanni,Vincenzo Di Matteo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.