All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.24Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionCinderella's sisters surgically modify their feet to win the prince's love. A werewolf gathers up eugh courage to visit a dentist. A medium trying to reach the afterworld gets a recorded message. A fox and a badger compete to out-fool each other. Whether writing of insomnia from a mosquito's point of view or showing us what happens after the princess kisses the frog, Ana Maria Shua, in these fleet and incandescent stories, is thing if t pithy-except, of course, wildly entertaining. Some as short as a sentence, these microfictions have been selected and translated from four different books. Flashes of insight, cracks of wit, twists of logic, and quirks of language: these are fictions in the distinguished Argentinean tradition of Borges and Cortazar and Denevi, as powerful as they are brief. One of Argentina's most prolific and distinguished writers, and acclaimed worldwide, Shua displays in these microfictions the epitome of her humor, riddling logic, and mastery over our imagination. Now, for the first time in English, the fox transforms itself into a fable, and the reader is invited to find the tail.
- Author BiographyAna Maria Shua has published more than forty books in many genres, including poetry, children's fiction, novels, and books on Jewish folklore, and her work has been translated into many languages. She lives in Buenos Aires. Steven J. Stewart is an associate professor in the English Department at Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg. He was awarded a 2005 Literature Fellowship for Translation by the National Endowment for the Arts. His translation of Devoured by the Moon: Selected Poems of Rafael Perez Estrada was a finalist for the PEN USA Translation Award.
- Author(s)Ana Maria Shua
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleLatin American Women Writers
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5487 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated bySteven J. Stewart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.