All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Microfluidics and Nanofluidics Handbook: Two-Volume Set comprehensively captures the cross-disciplinary breadth of micro- and nanofluidics, which encompass the biological sciences, chemistry, physics and engineering applications. To fill the knowledge gap between engineering and the basic sciences, the editors pulled together key individuals, well known in their respective areas, to author chapters that help graduate students, scientists, and practicing engineers understand the overall area of microfluidics and nanofluidics. Highlights Discusses basic microbiology and chemistry related to microfluidics Explains fabrication techniques Emphasizes applications of microfluidics in the energy sector Describes micro-fuel cells and lab-on-a-chip Presents example tables, graphs, and equations Covering physics and transport phenomena along with life sciences and related applications, Volume One: Chemistry, Physics, and Life Science Principles provides readers with the fundamental science background that are required for the study of microfluidics and nanofluidics. Volume Two: Fabrication, Implementation, and Applications focuses on topics related to experimental and numerical methods, followed by chapters on fabrications and other applications, ranging from aerospace to biological systems. Both volumes include as much interdisciplinary knowledge as possible to reflect the inherent nature of this area, making them valuable to students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyDr. Sushanta K. Mitra is an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta and he is the director of Micro and Nano-scale Transport Laboratory located at the National Institute for Nanotechnology. He received his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Jadavpur University, India, master's degree from University of Victoria, Canada and a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from University of Waterloo, Canada. His research areas include micro-/nano-scale transport processes, flow in porous media, and fuel cells. He has authored and co-authored more than 85 papers in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings. He is a registered Professional Engineer of Ontario and APEGGA. Dr. Suman Chakraborty is currently a professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India. He has research interests in the area of microfluidics and micro/nano scale transport processes, including their theoretical, computational, and experimental modeling, encompassing the underlying fundamentals as well as biomedical, biotechnological, chip cooling, and energy related applications. He has been elected as a fellow of the Indian National Academy of Science (FNASc), fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE), recipient of the Indo-US Research Fellowship, Scopus Young Scientist Award for high citation of his research in scientific/technical Journals, and Young Scientist/Young Engineer Awards from various National Academies of Science and Engineering. He has also been an Alexander von Humboldt fellow and a visiting professor at Stanford University. He has 160+ international journal publications.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- Series TitleMicrofluidics & Nanofludics Handbook
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note200 black & white illustrations
- Weight3333 g
- Edited bySuman Chakraborty,Sushanta K. Mitra
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.