All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full-length survey of current work which examines the compatibility of microecomics and macroecomics. Its particular distinction is that it makes accessible, to n-specialists, those extensive modern refinements of general equilibrium theory which are linked to macroecomics and monetary theory. Part I traces the development and interlocking nature of two scientific research prgrams, macroecomics and neo-Walrasian analysis. The five chapters in this part examine general equilibrium theory, Keynes' contribution, the 'neoclassical synthesis', and the Clower-Leijonhufvud contributions to questions of systemic coordination. The four chapters of Part II place recent work on the micro-foundations of macroecomics within a taxomic scheme of Walrasian equilibrium, Walrasian disequilibrium, Edgeworthian equilibrium, and Edgeworthian disequilibrium. Part III, a single chapter, provides an overview of the subject and ventures some conclusions.
- Author(s)E. Roy Weintraub
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/1979
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Surveys of Economic Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9figs.
- Weight240 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byJohn Pencavel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.