All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $28.82Free postage
- AU $28.83Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is informative and accessible, delivering in a buoyant voice all you need to kw about the ultimate in local eating -- making a meal of houseplants. It is nicely illustrated as well, with tantalizing photographs of microgreens at every stage, from seed to planting to plate. And there are more than a dozen recipes included... Highly recommended for gardeners, foodies, and health enthusiasts. -- Library Journal (starred review) The first edition of Microgreens sold 17,000 copies. This new edition is expanded with 30 new photographs and ten additional crops for a total of 30 microgreens. There are also four new recipes using microgreens. Microgreens provides practical guidance on growing arugula and other popular mini-greens unique for their powerful nutritional punch, tasty variety of colors, textures and flavors, and high levels of concentrated active compounds. The author provides guidance for growing, harvesting and preparing the most popular microgreens plus newer microgreens like kale, daikon radish, bok choy, shungiku, and mizuna. The comprehensive instructions explain which containers to use, how to sow the seeds, when to harvest, how to store the bounty, and much more. A special chapter has tips on helping children to grow microgreens. Microgreens shows how easy it is to bring fresh, nutritional and ecomical gourmet produce to the dinner table any time of year. This how-to book is ideal for health-conscious home cooks, especially those who believe in the importance of home-grown foods.
- Author BiographyFionna Hill is a journalist specializing in lifestyle and garden topics, floral design, crafts, and travel. Her website is www.fionnahill.com.
- Author(s)Fionna Hill
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width203 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.