All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMicrolivestock is a term coined for species that are inherently small as well as for breeds of cattle, sheep, goats, and pigs that are less than about half the size of the most common breeds. These miniature animals are seldom considered in the broad picture of livestock development, but they seem to have a promising future, especially in developing nations or wherever land is scarce. This book raises awareness of the potential of these small species, including microcattle, microsheep, various poultry, rabbits, rodents, deer, antelope, and lizards. It also strives to stimulate their introduction into animal research and ecomic development programs.
- Author BiographyPanel on Microlivestock, National Research Council
- Author(s)National Research Council,Office of International Affairs,Panel on Microlivestock,Policy and Global Affairs
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.