All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMicromonumentality is the first title in a series, Micro-Africa, that highlights the artistic and cultural value of miniature objects created in Africa. The first volume introduces the concept behind the series, offering a broad overview of objects and materials created and used by a large number of different African ethnic groups. With superb full-page photographs and close-ups of individual details, Micromonumentality extols the wealth of expression found in talismans, weights, boxes, containers, fetishes, jewels, and other objects made from wood, ivory, bone, bronze, iron, aluminum, and stone. None of these exceed 6 inches in height or length, and though they are indeed microscopic, they are as expressive as much larger works, and monumental in their own right. Here, approximately 150 objects from a unique collection of 20,000 pieces represent the quintessence of African thought, religiosity, and prodigious formal inventiveness.
- Author BiographyBerenice Geoffroy-Schneiter is an art historian and journalist who specializes in archaeology and ethnology.
- Author(s)Berenice Geoffrey-Schnei
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Weight1522 g
- Width236 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.