All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides students with a solid foundation in the techlogy of microprocessors and microcontrollers, their principles and applications. It comprehensively presents material necessary for understanding the internal architecture and system design aspects of Intel's 8085 and 8086 microprocessors, and Intel's 8051 and 8096 microcontrollers. The book maintains throughout a balance between basic concepts and the skill sets needed for system design. The book also explains hardware architecture, instruction set and programming, support chips, peripheral interfacing, and cites several relevant examples to help the readers develop a complete understanding of industrial application projects. Several system design case studies are included to reinforce the concepts discussed. This second edition introduces additional topics such as I/O interfacing and programming, serial interface programming, and delay programming using 8086 and 8051. More examples and case studies have also been added. With its exhaustive coverage and practical approach, the book will be indispensable to undergraduate students of electronics and communications, and electronics and instrumentation engineering. It can also be used for a variety of courses covering microprocessors, microcontrollers, and embedded system design.
- Author BiographyKrishna Kant , Ph.D., is Dean (Academic) at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida. Earlier, he served as Senior Director in the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. He received his Masters in Physics (with specialization in Electronics) in 1972 from Jabalpur University, his Masters in Computer Science in 1975 from BITS Pilani, and his Ph.D. in Computer Science in 1980 from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.Dr. Krishna Kant has wide experience in designing and implementing microprocessor-based, real-time control systems in the industries. He coordinated the UNDP project on Microprocessor Application Engineering Programme (MAEP) and conceptualized and coordinated several other automation projects in steel sector, water sector and railways. He imparted training to industries on microprocessor and microcontroller applications, industrial control, etc. He taught 'Microprocessor and Applications' and 'Computer Control of Processes' courses to MCA and ME students, respectively, for three years in University of Delhi. He is the author of five books including Computer Based Industrial Control, 2nd ed. and Microprocessor-Based Agri Instrumentation, both published by PHI Learning. He has also co-edited a book.
- Author(s)Krishna Kant
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.