All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBruce williams takes Microsoft Flight Simulator to its highest level as a flight training tool. Applicable to both Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (Version 9) and Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Version 10), this is a guide for anyone who wants to maximize their real or virtual cockpit experience while learning more efficiently with less stress, and having more money left in the bank at checkride time. This book and accompanying CD provide general suggestions, specific advice, and practical tools for making effective use of Microsoft Flight Simulator, regardless of the type of flying you do--students, certificated pilots, flight instructors, and virtual aviators will all benefit from Bruce's teaching. This book merges the two worlds of flight simulation (gaming) with flight training--the only book of its kind on how to use the world's most popular flight simulator as a true aid to becoming a pilot or teaching flight. Practice doesn't necessarily make skills perfect, but it can make them permanent. The weighty assortment of practice flights included, and the guidance on how to best fly them, make it easy for any pilot or instructor--real or virtual--to attain the highest level of flight proficiency they seek. Although many pilots and instructors have used Microsoft Flight Simulator during their flying careers and may have been inspired to pursue flight training by their early encounters with the program, often they don't kw how to get the most out of the experience of virtual flying today. This book will change that. Visit www.bruceair.com for more information and links to make sure your time spent with Microsoft Flight Simulator is fun and educational. Includes a bonus companion CD with more than 150 VFR and IFR Practice Flights that make it easy to use Microsoft Flight Simulator to practice specific skills, from basic flight maneuvers to instrument approaches. The CD also includes reference documents, charts, and other tools to transform virtual flying into an inexpensive, flexible, and effective learning environment.
- Author BiographyBruce Williams worked on six versions of Microsoft(R) Flight Simulator during a 15-year career at Microsoft. His experience with the development and design of Microsoft(R) Flight Simulator included consulting with leading aviation organizations and teaching seminars about how to use it as a training aid. He has been a pilot and an aviation writer since the early 1970s and remains an active flight instructor at Galvin Flying Services in Seattle, specializing in technically advanced aircraft, simulator instruction, stall/spin/upset recovery training, and aerobatics. His consulting company, BruceAir, LLC, develops training materials, provides flight training, and offers multimedia presentations on a variety of topics for pilots and flight instructors. He lives in Seattle.
- Author(s)Bruce Williams
- PublisherAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Content Note33 B&W photos, 45 B&W illustrations, maps, charts, 137 screen shots
- Weight614 g
- Width210 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.