All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe book comprises three parts. Part 1 gives a historical description of the development of ironworking techniques since the earliest times. Part 2 is the core of the book and deals with the metallurgical basis of microstructures, with four main themes: phase diagrams, solidification processes, diffusion, and solid state phase transformations. Part 3 begins by an introduction to steel design principles. It then goes on to consider the different categories of steels, placing emphasis on their specific microstructural features. Finally, a comprehensive reference list includes several hundred pertinent articles and books. The book is the work of a single author, thus ensuring uniformity and concision. It is intended for scientists, metallurgical engineers and senior technicians in research and development laboratories, design offices and quality departments, as well as for teachers and students in universities, technical colleges and other higher education establishments.
- Author BiographyMadeleine Durand-Charre gained her Docteur-es-Sciences degree at the Institut National Polytechnique in Grenoble, where she spent the remainder of her career as a teacher and research worker in the field of structural metallurgy. Her special interests concern the fundamental aspects of phase equilibria and their relationship to the microstructure of complex commercial alloys. Due to her combined teaching and research activities, one of her permanent preoccupations is to explain the mechanisms involved in the formation of microstructures and to illustrate them with the aid of examples either from simple systems or from more complex industrial materials. The present book concerning the microstructures of iron-base alloys is abundantly illustrated with explicit macro- and micrographs, emanating both from her own laboratory and from her numerous academic and industrial contacts. Madeleine Durand-Charre has previously published a similar monograph concerning the microstructure of superalloys.
- Author(s)Madeleine Durand-Charre
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/03/2004
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight763 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.