All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is essential for the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center to plan 2-5 years in the future in order to ensure that fully integrated and funded programs are a reality in the future. The author identifies 45 circumstances which, if they exist within an organization, may preclude effective planning. By surveying the principal mid-range planners at the Combined Arms Center (CAC), reviewing organization goal/objective statements, and reviewing formal documented plans, it was determined which of these 45 circumstances exist. The principal conclusions reached with regard to goals/objectives are: (1) All organizations within CAC have goals/objectives; (2) These goals/objectives are t placed in hierarchy by priority; (3) Mission activities require more guidance from higher management in order to develop goals/objectives. The main conclusions reached vis-a-vis actual planning are: (1) There is very little mid-range planning being done; (2) The planning which is being done is primarily mechanical, and too short-ranged; and (3) Better coordination of plans is needed. It was also found that: (1) Planning is t inhibited by the CAC organization structure; and (2) Turver of personnel is a problem if action is t taken to 'phase' the replacement cycle.
- Author(s)Robert D Shadley
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight177 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.