All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers in this book cover an impressive range of research into all aspects of the study of Middle English Language and Texts, hence the title From Tongue to Text. The topics dealt with are arranged according to this spectrum of approach, beginning with spelling evidence (which may tell us something about sounds), and moving forward through phology, sound symbolism, morphology, syntax, discourse analysis, and vocabulary, to the study of dialects, Middle English in contact with other languages, and to text explication. The authors come from all parts of Europe, rth, south, east and west, and from Japan, and originally came together at the Third International Conference on Middle English at Dublin, Ireland, in July 1999, where they contributed with others to the theme of Language and Text.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Professor Peter J. Lucas (Dublin) studied English Philology at Oxford. Survey of English Dialects at Leeds 1964-65. Ph.D. 1973 from Leeds. Visiting Fellowships at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, Mansfield College, Oxford, and Wolfson College, Cambridge. Angela M. Lucas studied English at Dublin and is now Senior Lecturer in English at the National University of Ireland Maynooth.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- Series TitleStudies in English Medieval Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight480 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAngela M. Lucas,Peter J. Lucas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.