Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe title of Annette Daoud's new resource says it all. This is a book about Middle and High School English Learners and the Common Core Standards: Equitable Instruction in Content Area Classrooms. In it Professor Daoud presents a four-step lesson planning process to help teachers incorporate the Common Core State Standards and the ELD/ELP Standards into lessons, differentiate their instruction based on the English learners' proficiency levels, and engage students in lessons that are relevant to their lives and to the multicultural world around them. Included are sample lesson plans with assessments, teaching strategies, and student activities for effectively teaching in all content areas, with a focus on English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Author BiographyAnnette M. Daoud is a professor at California State University San Marcos where she teaches courses in multicultural and multilingual education. One course that Dr. Daoud has taught at several institutions focuses on teaching secondary teacher candidates how to teach content and English language development to their English learner students in their middle and high school content area classes. She has conducted numerous professional development trainings for content area high school teachers to effectively teach English learners in their classes. She began her career many years ago as a high school ESL teacher in Morocco with the Peace Corps, and since that time has focused her teaching and research on improving the educational experiences of secondary English learners. Dr. Daoud is currently the principal investigator for a National Professional Development grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of English Language Acquisition.
- Author(s)Annette M. Daoud
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.