Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMiddle and High School Teaching: Methods, Standards, and Best Practices is an interactive textbook that is fully integrated with PowerPoint slides, a web site, assessments to meet NCATE and INSTASC standards, and basal secondary level textbook chapters for each of the content areas. The text includes a chapter on standards, history, current issues and strategies for each of the major content areas. Providing unique coverage for differentiated instruction at the college level, the text integrates standards and methods for general and specific subject matter by drawing on professional education association web sites, covering traditional methods topics, and providing more than 100 authentic assignments. The text is ideal for courses in secondary general methods, curriculum and instruction, introduction to teaching, or for the first course of a two-part sequence in specific methods. Web-based resources, including PDF copies of middle and high school basal textbook content, lesson-planning templates, ERIC documents for current issues, and PowerPoint slides for each chapter, enable professors to easily choreograph their instruction for classes of mixed majors or single major, and courses of varying size that may be taught completely or partly online.
- Author BiographyJames A. Duplass (Ph.D., St. Louis University) is a professor at the University of South Florida (USF), a Carnegie I urban university. The social studies program at USF is NCATE and NCSS accredited, and much of the material for this book is a result of research to develop a new curriculum for social studies education. The author has published numerous articles on social studies instruction, served as editor of a regional journal, and authored a book, MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL TEACHING: STANDARDS: METHODS, AND BEST PRACTICES (Houghton Mifflin, 2006). Dr. Duplass teaches elementary and middle school social studies methods courses to undergraduate and graduate students and a philosophical foundation of social studies education course for doctoral students.
- Author(s)James A. DuPlass
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2005
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width235 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.