All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was by chance that the author stumbled across a long lost programme for the opening meeting of Hanley Car Speedway for 21 July 1938. The programme had been hidden away in family papers for almost sixty years and it sparked an enduring interest in Midget Car Speedway. Motor sport had been the preserve of the rich and glamorous but w the ordinary man could build a car and race it on a shoestring budget. It was the start of motor racing as we kw it today and without the development of midget car racing, we perhaps would t have seen the Formula Three, Formula Ford and other series that we take for granted today.
- Author BiographyDerek Bridgett is a lifelong speedway fan with a passion for midget car racing. He lives in the Potteries.
- Author(s)Derek Bridgett
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note100
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.