All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated book offers detailed, step-by-step guidance on surgical approaches and techniques in patients with midline tumors of the skull base. Access routes are described from both endoscopic and microscopic standpoints, via different approaches, in order to provide a 360-degree overview of contemporary midline skull base surgery. For each pathology, the multiple surgical options and their specific indications are clearly presented, with inclusion of neuroradiological images, an anatomical dissection study and operative images and videos. The book is intended for surgeons who wish to acquire kwledge and experience in skull base surgery employing endoscopic endonasal and microsurgical transcranial techniques. It is exceptional in providing an integrated perspective that encompasses traditional microsurgical approaches and the most recent endoscopic ones, with definition of the indications for and limitations of both options.
- Author BiographyPaolo Cappabianca is Full Professor of Neurosurgery at the Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy. He graduated in Medicine and Surgery and specialized in Neurosurgery, before enrolling as a visiting fellow at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Vienna. Besides being a full professor in functional neurosurgery and stereotactic surgery and chairman of the Neuroendoscopy Committee of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS), he worked as an associated professor at the Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), USA. Professor Cappabianca has been a visiting professor and guest lecturer at various U.S. universities, including the University of Virginia, Charlottesville; the University of California at Los Angeles and at San Francisco; Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York; the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; Harvard Medical School at Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston; and Univerity of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. He has delivered the Ginde Oration in Mumbai, India, and has also lectured in Canada, Egypt, Germany, Chile, and Japan. Dr. Cappabianca is affiliated to various international societies: Societa Italiana di Neurochirurgia (SINch), Associazione Italiana di Neuro-Oncologia (AINO), American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), Society of University Neurosurgeons (SUN), the Pituitary Society, European Association of Neurological Surgery (EANS), German Society of Skull Base Surgery, European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO), and Sociedad de Neurocirugia de Chile. He is an editorial board member for Neurosurgery, an international advisory board member for Acta Neurochirurgica, and senior editor of the peer-review board of World Neurosurgery.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 122 colour illustrations, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight992 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byFelice Esposito,Luigi Maria Cavallo,Oreste de Diviitis,Paolo Cappabianca
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.