All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionOsprey's Campaign title for one of the most important naval battles in the history of World War II (1939-1945), Midway, whichwas fought barely six months after the devastating Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The badly damaged USS Yorktown was repaired in just 48 hours and with Enterprise and Hornet set out to meet the Japanese. In a battle marked by great heroism on both sides the United States dealt a devastating blow to the Imperial Japanese Fleet sinking four of her most powerful carriers. In this superbly illustrated volume Mark Healy tells the whole story; espionage, daring, luck and extreme heroism. A fascinating read supplemented by genuine photographs of the battle in progress.
- Author BiographyMark Healy was born in 1953. He has a Master's degree in Political Theology from Bristol University. He is by profession a schoolteacher and is head of the Humanities faculty in a large school in Somerset. He has written a number of Osprey titles including Elite 40 New Kingdom Egypt and Campaign 16 Kursk 1943.
- Author(s)Mark Healy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/01/1993
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Military Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 30
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note10 colour plates, 70 b&w photographs, 3 colour maps
- Weight356 g
- Width185 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.