Midwest Gardener's Handbook: Your Complete Guide: Select * Plan * Plant * Maintain * Problem-Solve by Melinda Myers (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionWith over 30 years of gardening experience, rewned regional horticulturalist Melinda Myers brings you the perfect when-to, how-to, and which-plant guide for gardening in the Midwestern United States. Meant for the more experienced intermediate to advanced gardener, Midwest Gardener's Handbook is an all-inclusive resource guide featuring hundreds of proven plants-including winter-hardy choices-that are optimal for Midwestern gardeners. With the help of gorgeous photography and in-depth instructions, author Melinda Myers will teach you how to plant, prune, water, control pests, and continually care for your personal outdoor oasis. A helpful icon key highlights each featured plant's benefits, along with its particular sun and shade requirements. Featured plant categories discuss annuals, bulbs, edibles, ferns and groundcovers, ornamental grasses, perennials, roses, shrubs, trees, turfgrasses, and vines. Each plant is showcased with specific advice on how, when, and where to plant; growing tips, such as watering requirements; and descriptions of routine care. Alongside these nitty-gritty aspects of planting and growing, Myers shares her inspiration for garden design, the various ways you can beautifully incorporate plants into your landscape, and her favorite cultivars and species. Even better, she provides twelve full months of when-to advice for each plant category, allowing you to successfully enjoy this peaceful pastime all year round. With proven, practical instructions adapted specially for the Midwestern climate, Midwest Gardener's Handbook is your ticket to successful planting in America's Heartland.
- Author BiographyNationally renowned gardening expert, TV and radio host, author, and columnist MELINDA MYERS (Milwaukee, WI) has more than thirty years of horticulture experience and has written over twenty gardening books, including Minnesota Gardener's Guide, Month-by-Month Gardening in Minnesota, The Garden Book for Wisconsin, Month-by-Month Gardening in Wisconsin, and Can't Miss Small Space Gardening (all published by Cool Springs Press). Myers is a columnist and contributing editor for Birds & Blooms magazine, writes the twice-monthly newspaper column Gardeners' Questions, and also writes columns for Gardening How-to and Wisconsin Gardening magazines. She has written articles for Better Homes and Gardens and Fine Gardening magazines and was a columnist and contributing editor for Backyard Living magazine. She hosts the nationally syndicated Melinda's Garden Moment segments that air on over 115 TV and radio stations throughout the United States and previously hostedthe Plant Doctor radio program for over twenty years as well as seven seasons of Great Lakes Gardener on PBS. Melinda has a master's degree in horticulture, is a certified arborist, and was a tenured horticulture instructor. Visit Melinda on her website at www.melindamyers.com.
- Author(s)Melinda Myers
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Note350 color photos
- Weight885 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.