All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMiffy's uncle has come to visit and is going to take her on a trip. They fly up high and see the world from above. Award-winning UK poet, Tony Mitton, has worked closely with Dick Bruna's Dutch publisher to create new translations for the classic Miffy stories that are true to the books' original voice, and yet have a contemporary feel to the language that makes them appealing to the modern young audience. The translations beautifully convey the warmth and friendliness of the original Dutch whilst maintaining a style that is inimitably Miffy.
- Author BiographyDick Bruna was born in 1927 in Utrecht, Holland. Dick comes from a family of publishers who under the name of 'A.W. Bruna and Son' started to print books in 1868. While on holiday in 1955, Dick began to tell his son stories about a little white rabbit who lived in the garden of their holiday home and this little rabbit soon became known to the world as Miffy. Dick Bruna is now one of the most famous creators of picture books in the world. He has written and illustrated 124 books, which have sold over 85 million copies in 50 languages.
- Author(s)Dick Bruna
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleMiffy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Childrens Books
- Content Notefull colour
- Width155 mm
- Height155 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.