All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a series of ten historical and literary studies, this volume analyses the complex narrative of changing political identities in early modern Europe and maps out some of the dominant ways in which European-ness was articulated in documents of the period. As the collection unfolds, its contributors explore these themes from a whole range of geographical perspectives, including t only accounts of British culture, but also those describing cultural relations and political identities with regard to Italy, Spain, France, the Papacy, the Netherlands, Bohemia and the Americas, for example. Concentrating upon early modern nations at a time when they were just beginning to formulate recognizable collective identities, the studies contained in this volume offer a clear picture of the ways in which current literary and historical scholarship may yield penetrating insights into the broader question of how the very idea of Europe evolved amongst its native inhabitants during the fifteenth, sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Andrew Hiscock is Reader in English at the University of Wales Bangor. He has published widely on early modern literature, particularly English and French drama in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. His most recent monograph is The Uses of this World: Thinking Space in Shakespeare, Marlowe, Cary and Jonson and he is at present researching into literary discourses of memory in evidence during the period 1520-1620.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCultural Identity Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight370 g
- Width220 mm
- Height150 mm
- Edited byAndrew Hiscock
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.